I. GENERAL PART
The public enterprise VšĮ „Kauno maratono klubas“ („Kaunas Marathon Club“) is organizing the running event „Kaunas marathon 2017“ on June 11, 2017.
During the event, enthusiasts and professionals of running will be able to compete in the following distances:
42 km 195 m;
21 km 98 m;
III. PLACE AND TIME OF THE COMPETITION
Kaunas Old Town, Town Hall square.
8:00 - marathon, half-marathon start
13:00 - 1,5km start
14:00 - 5km start
15:00 - 10km start
IV. TIME LIMIT
1. 42 km 195 m – 5 hours and 30 minutes.
2. 21 km 98 m – 2 hours and 45 minutes.
3. 10 km 1 hour and 20 minutes.
4. 5 km - 40 minutes.
1. Everyone wishing to participate may take part, after filling the participant’s registration form and having checked their health and confirmed about it by paying registration fee. Registration fee is not refundable. All participants take part in the running at their own free will, not forced by anyone and take responsibility for all the risks related to the participation in the running (including various health problems, etc.) as well as commit not to express any complaints to the organizers of the running. The runners, when receiving their numbers, must possess their personal identity documents.
2. Every participant agrees automatically by registering that the organizers of the event may use all the pictures and filmed material of the event freely and without a separate consent for the aims of marketing.
3. A participant may take part as a member of only one team and run only one event.
4. Parents, foster-parents or coaches are responsible for minors.
5. Persons who are born not later than in 1998 may take part in the marathon event. The groups of ages of participants of the marathon and half-marathon:
M 1978–2001 W 1978–2001
M40 1968–1977 W40 1968–1977
M50 1958–1967 W50 1958–1967
M60 1948–1957 W60 1948–1957
M70 1947 and older W70 1947 and older
6. Persons who are born not later than in 2001 may take part in the half-marathon event.
VI. SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
1. A person may register to any event only by his/her own name. It is forbidden to pass one‘s own number to another participant. In such a case, the participants will be disqualified, and the results will not be included into the protocol of the competition.
2. If the registered participant wishes to change the event into a shorter one, he/she must pay the event changing fee – 5 EUR. If he/she wishes to change the event into the longer one, he/she has to pay additionally the difference of the entry fee, according to the entry fee of the event as valid on the day of payment.
3. Every participant must have the number properly attached on the shirt. The number must be on the front of the shirt (the chest), on a clearly visible place.
4. Participants and persons cheering for them are strictly forbidden to use any means of transport, for example, bicycles, roller-skates, skate-boards and other wheeled transport means. Participants violating this point of the statutes will be disqualified.
5. In the course of the competition, participants are forbidden to use any personal escort. Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
6. It is forbidden to walk any animals on the route in the course of the event.
7. Every participant of the running must attach the time measuring electronic lust on the shoe. Time of participants who failed to attach or attached improperly the time measuring electronic lust will not be fixed, and consequently such participants will not be included into the protocol of the competition.
8. It is forbidden to the participants of the competition to deviate from the running route even a little (without the permission from the referee). Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
9. Any claims of the participants must be submitted in written form to the chief referee of the competition not later then during 20 minutes after the end of the competition. The participant submitting a claim must pay the fee of 15 EUR that is returned only in the case when the appeal commission (the director of the marathon, the chief referee, the representative of the LAF) accepts the claim. The claims are processed only after the participant pays the fee.
10. Participants on the marathon route are forbidden to use any music devices and equipment that may impair the hearing of the participant.
VII. SPECIAL POINTS ON THE ROUTE
1. Food points will be established on the marathon track where energy drinks, water and fruit will be given to the participants of the marathon. The food and refreshment points will be established approximately every 2,5 kilometers.
2. Bio-toilets will be set up for the participants on the marathon route
1. Absolute record running winners and prize winners will be given the commemorative cups.
2. Monetary prizes.
3. Winners and prize-winners of the groups will be awarded special prizes of sponsors.
4. Commemorative medals will be awarded to all participants of the running who will cross the finish line during the control time.
IX. ENTRY FEE OF PARTICIPANTS
Registration fees are anounced in www.kaunasmarathon.lt website.
June 9 participants can ragister at Žalgiris arena Kaunas marathon EXPO 17:00 - 20:00
June 10 participants can ragister at Žalgiris arena Kaunas marathon EXPO 12:00 - 15:00
June 11 participants can ragister at Kaunas Town Hall square: marathon ant half-marathon 6:00 - 7:00 other distances after marathon and half-marathon start.
X. REGISTRY OF PARTICIPANTS AND DISTRIBUTION OF NUMBER TAGS
1. All participants may register on the internet site www.kaunasmarathon.lt till June 9.
2. Participans may take the number tags of participants as well as T-shirts on June 9, June 10 at Žalgiris arena Kaunas marathon EXPO.
XI. COMPETITION ROUTE
1. The start and the finish of the running route is located in Kaunas Town Hall square.
XII. COMPETITION PROGRAM
6:00 Number pickup 21km, 42km participants
7:30 Warm-up for marathon and half marathon participants
7:45 Opening ceremony
8:00 Marathon and half marathon start
8:00 Number pick-up for 1,5km, 5km, 10km participants
11:45 Kaunas marathon and half marathon award ceremony
12:45 Warm-up for 1,5km participants
13:00 1,5km start
13:30 Marathon and half-marathon course closing
13:30 Warm-up for 5km participants
14:00 5km start
14:30 Warmup for 10km participants
15:00 10km start
15:45 Short distances award ceremony
XIII. END NOTES
1. Organizers has a right to change the rules of this event, if it becomes necessary.